For months, you’ve eagerly looked forward to the finish line – getting your braces off and celebrating your new smile!
Now that treatment is completed, how can you ensure your investment lasts a lifetime?
To maintain your healthy, beautiful smile, you’ll need a little help from 3D Clear Retainers.
Why Retainers Matter
After your braces are off, teeth will naturally tend to shift. To prevent the teeth from shifting, retainers help maintain your alignment and proper bite.
But the benefits don’t end there!
Let’s take a closer look at how 3D Clear Retainers help your teeth.
Benefits of 3D Clear Retainers
At Fry Orthodontics our 3D Clear Retainers are:
- Custom made to your post-treatment teeth
- Designed to cover all surfaces of the teeth to prevent shifting
- Clear material makes them virtually invisible
- Fully removable. You can take them out for social events, meetings, and more
How Long Do I Need to Wear a Retainer?
For best results, individuals should wear their retainers every night, for the rest of their lives. Wearing your retainer at night not only keeps your teeth in alignment, it helps protects teeth from grinding.
Paired with practicing daily oral hygiene, your retainer will help ensure your teeth remain healthy.
How to Care for Your 3D Clear Retainers
Proper care of your retainer after orthodontic treatment is essential! Follow these simple tips:
- Use a toothbrush and toothpaste to clean the retainer thoroughly once a day to help remove bacteria and plaque buildup and eliminate odors
- Rinse the retainer with warm, not hot, water to wash food and other particles away
- Remove retainer before eating to prevent food getting stuck on them
- Brush teeth after eating and before you put your retainer back
Your Smile is Just the Start
At Fry Orthodontics, we understand the importance of a healthy smile. Offering 3D Clear Retainers is one of the many ways we dedicate ourselves to helping you achieve your smile goals.
If you lose or damage your retainer, don’t hesitate to make an appointment at one of our convenient locations to replace it!
If you have questions or would like to learn more about braces or Invisalign treatment, contact us today.